Friday, March 21, 2008

Addition to Quiver

I left IBC this morning after forfeiting a sizable portion of my checking account. After a nearly three year building/buying hiatus, there will soon be a new addition to Hill Junkie's quiver of bikes. Don't want to say too much about it yet, as the bike will be a full custom build. Don't know what it will weigh, but weight was of secondary importance. I need a racing platform that is more aero and can serve double duty as a TT machine. All I'll say now is this bike will feature more carbon than my hillclimb bike. I should have it in a couple weeks, then photos and complete spec's breakdown will be posted.

Made one other purchase today. After receiving email notification that Excel Sports received a shipment of Garmin 705 GPS's, I immediately put one on order. Should have it Tuesday. This unit will consolidate all of my workout data, whether HR based on skis or power based on the bike. Now only if SRM or Quarq can release their new Ant+ compatible power meters...

No comments: